Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Attitude you have has NOTHING to do with the Type of Multiple Sclerosis you have!

As you already know, Multiple Sclerosis is an unpredictable neurological disease. It does not have any set, exact pattern of how it is going to progress in a particular person's body. I speak to many people with MS in all different stages of the disease. What I find fascinating is that the person's attitude is NOT necessarily correlated with the type of MS they have (or the type of symptoms and physical limitations that they are experiencing). I have spoken to quite a few people that are in a wheelchair and are limited physically in their movement BUT have the best attitude in the room! I find these people very inspirational. There are many people like that out there (not just the ones that have MS) and those are the people that I learn from -- the ones that are experiencing far bigger challenges than I am BUT are still living their life to its fullest and have a smile on their face. They are Lovin' Life!

The question is ... what is it about them that allows them to still enjoy life even though they are experiencing great health & physical challenges? I think that a person's attitude is everything. There are so many inspirational stories out there of people that are surviving and thriving through some of life's biggest challenges. That's why I put together a list of those types of people at my website under Inspirational Stories. So that they can inspire YOU as well! You can visit this webpage at http://www.marialesetz.com/MSInspirationalStories.html . These are people that I look at and learn from. I am always inspired by people like this and say to myself "Wow, if they can overcome that, then I can overcome this! I can do ANYTHING!" We all have a strength and courage inside of us that can get us through the toughest times in our lives! I do, you do, and your family and friends do.

Just remember, that the size of your life challenge is not related to YOUR ATTITUDE towards it! You can choose a different attitude towards your life no matter what the challenge you are facing. Just look at the people that do this already. They are no different than you or me. They are just making different choices in their lives and choosing to experience their life in a positive light.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP