Can you really think and feel your way to a more slim and fit body? REALLY?
You mean it doesn't matter whether you exercise or what you put into your body?
Yes it does ... but only from the perspective of the nature of your thoughts and feelings around your health and wellness and your body image. That's what matters more than anything else.
You mean “I can just choose a different thought and I will become thin & fit?”
Well, YES! (And the feeling behind your thoughts is what determines your success!)
What you think & feel about your body and the foods you eat is all energy. You are sending a message out into the Universe, typically giving attention to the exact thing you don’t want. The Law of Attraction states:
“The essence of that which is like unto itself, is drawn.” ~ Abraham-Hicks.
So, if are you feeling disappointed with the current shape of your body, more disappointment is on its way (and that may be in other areas of your life too!). Think of an Olympic athlete: What do you think they focus on more: the ultimate outcome they desire or the times they haven’t been at their best? If they have that Olympic medal, you know that they focus on the desired outcome and FEEL it to the very core of their being. They couldn’t get caught up in the times when they didn’t do their very best and were not in their prime shape. If they did that, it would change how they feel, shift their energy and ultimately attract “losing” as opposed to “winning”.
Understanding the way the Law of Attraction works is quite empowering! Once you get it, you are well on your way to that healthy & fit body you desire. Matter of fact … it’s a “Done Deal”! That’s the decision you must make in order to achieve your fitness goal.
This is one of my favorite quotes that I share with my life coaching clients:
“Being Healthy doesn’t make you Happy – being Happy makes you Healthy!”
Think about it, if you are choosing to focus on the body you currently have and are making judgments about it (not liking it very much), are you really happy? No. You are focused on what you don’t want which makes you feel emotions that are more towards the negative end of the emotional scale. You can’t be truly happy if you are focused on the negatives! So, I teach my coaching clients how to choose happiness first and as a result, great health & wellness will follow.
One of my weight loss coaching clients came to me with the intention to lose weight and become more fit. However, she was judging herself so much when she “slipped up” and ate something that she was told by her Naturopath that she shouldn’t eat, that her feelings of guilt, disappointment, frustration were actually the things that were hindering her success. It wasn’t about what she was eating or whether she was exercising or not, it was about how she felt during this whole process and how aligned she was with her natural well-being. Once she learned how to relax about it all (including the foods she was eating) and be kinder to herself, she started making choices that were aligned with wellness and felt better to her. She was happier on a more regular basis, so as a result, she was making healthier choices for her body!
Beating up on yourself is a great way to put a barrier between you and what you want.
It’s a negative vibration that conflicts with who you really are.
Here are some Weight Loss Coaching tips to help you to Think & Feel your way to a better body:
1) Pay more attention to “what you are thinking and feeling” than “what you are eating or how you are exercising”. Always guide your emotions to a better feeling place and you will make the right choice for your overall health.
2) Focus on the progress you are making not the gap between where you are and where you want to go. If you lost 2 lbs, jump for joy! Don’t feel “oh, I have 48 more to go”. Can you feel where the focus is? It doesn’t feel so good, does it? It’s about being OK with where you are at, feeling appreciative for what is working & eagerly anticipating the manifestation of your ultimate goal.
3) Don’t weigh yourself if you know it’s potentially going to set your mood for the day (in the negative). I tell my coaching clients all the time that if “taking score of where you are at” makes you feel bad … then don’t do it! Shift your focus to something that makes you feel better. Most people don’t step on the scale waiting with eager anticipation for the scale to reveal a number that will thrill them. They have more of a “doubt”, “concern”, “hoping”, type of feeling. I know … I used to be 70 lbs heavier and let the scale rule my day. If the number was pleasing to me, I was happy; if the number was something I didn’t want, it set my mood for the day. I finally learned that reaching for a better feeling all the time and focusing only on what was working & making a decision that this was a done deal, were the keys to my success. You can read more about my journey here: http://www.lovinlifenow.com/weight-loss-coaching.html
4) DECIDE.... yes, this tip sounds very simple -- but it works. If you truly decide that you will have that fit body- it’s yours … you WILL have it! Now, here's the key --- you REALLY have to DECIDE -- which means, there are no other options; you will not be thrown off your game. It's a "Hell, Yes! This is happening!" kind of decision. Nothing will stop you from achieving this goal because you are eagerly EXPECTING the manifestation of it!
5) Always remember that feeling “stressed” is a choice. Stress will negatively impact your overall health & well-being. Feeling stressed is a negative feeling that resonates with every cell of your body.